4.04.2013

{Time to Decorate}

Oh the joys of putting together baby furniture.  Good thing Christian is one handy guy.  I thought a lot about what I wanted the nursery to look like.  I didn't want it to be too girly, boyish or expensive!  I also didn't want it to look like a typical nursery.  I wanted it to be a bright, happy place.  (Who says you have to stick with blues and pinks?)  It would be a place where a kid can be a kid.  No frills here!

I was truly shocked at how much money people will spend on baby furniture.  (Ridiculous.)  The only actual "baby" furniture in this room are the cribs - which turn into toddler beds.  Everything else will grow with the babes.  I searched high and low for decent priced cribs, fabric, etc., and finally settled on cribs from IKEA.

I must say.  Seeing two cribs in the room made this "twin thing" much more real, overwhelming (in a good way) and exciting.  Two little people were heading our way!
 

Penny wasn't very helpful.  And to tell you the truth, neither was I.

Ta Da!  Now it's time to fluff it up with fun fabric, accessories and toys! 

Everything was going great, until I came home and found Penny here.  In the crib.  Sitting on freshly pressed curtains and bed skirts.  Do you think she was starved for attention?

No comments:

Post a Comment