2.15.2013

{My friend, Mary}

I have a wonderful friend, I lovingly refer to as "German Mary."  (That's 'cause she's from Germany.)  We met while I was living in Washington DC and are an unlikely pair as there is 30+ years between us.  Moreover, we are quite opposite when it comes to all things political.  However, she is such a lovely person and I truly enjoy talking with her.  Mary came to UT, in September, for a visit.  She specifically asked that I show her around Temple Square.  We had a great time wandering around the grounds and eventually found ourselves in Deseret Book.  (She wanted a good "introductory book about Mormons.")  The sweet sales person offered her a Book of Mormon.  She graciously took it, turned to look at me and said, "I'll read this if Mitt Romney wins the Presidency."  Classic Mary.   

No comments:

Post a Comment